Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A blank page and a fresh start

A blank page. It isn’t often that one gets a fresh start. But, here I am, at the first entry of a new blog. Now, I am definitely a latecomer to the blogosphere – there are many A-list bloggers who have been doing this for years. So, you may ask, why am I starting now?

The truth of the matter is that I am always looking for ways to be better. And I believe that having this forum to communicate with all of the different people who are connected to Texas Health Azle will help me and the hospital better serve our patients, staff, physicians and the community. Now, I could be wrong – in which case, I may have the shortest blogging career in history – but Edward de Bono once wrote “It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong, than to be always right by having no ideas at all.”

I am starting this with no preconceived agenda, and a few modest goals:

1. To communicate what is going on at the hospital to those who are interested – Obviously all official news can still be found at http://www.texashealth.org/, but you can find the information (and more!) here as well.

2. To bring relevant healthcare issues to the table and describe how they might impact us on a local level.

3. To provide an opportunity for all members of the Texas Health Azle community to interact and discuss relevant issues.

4. To allow us to get quick relevant feedback on what is on your mind and how we can do better.

Is there something you want to read about? Questions that you would like addressed? Feel free to email me or comment on the site and I will respond. In the meantime, check back to read about one of our great employees, why we ask your name so many times when you come and visit and where we are in the construction process on a new $2 million expansion of the hospital campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment